Account Deletion?

Hello, is it possible to have my account deleted?

why bother?

It's been my experience that only if you start posting enough bad stuff such that some moderator bans you from the forum, you can't just be deleted because you request to, but I could be wrong about that.

Why not just stop visiting the site, is that a problem for you?

Lefty

In my experience, the ability to let users delete their accounts is not very useful, and it's tricky to implement (do their posts disappear? Can their names be reused? Do threads they started disappear?

Moderators cannot delete, we can only ban.

WizenedEE:
In my experience, the ability to let users delete their accounts is not very useful, and it's tricky to implement (do their posts disappear? Can their names be reused? Do threads they started disappear?

exactly, the op has 14 post, no matter of their personal opinion of those posts they are useful to the community, I personally have done a search, found a thread by someone with a handful of posts that perfectly answers my question without adding more noise to the signal.

That right there is more valuable than a random username that does not wish to participate any longer

to the OP, change your email to some junk address in your profile, other than that no one is going to judge you for asking a question, we all have our stupid ones ...

Yes, some moderators can now delete accounts, but speaking personally, I generally only delete spam or blatent SEO accounts.
I'd have to be asked really, really nicely to delete posts belonging to a deleted account.

I'd have to be asked really, really nicely to delete posts belonging to a deleted account.

Except in the case of spam, I trust.

Except in the case of spam, I trust.

It goes without saying.

So the OP should just go back to each of his 14 post, modify each with some blatant and seriously annoying spam (the last also casting aspersions on AWOL's legitimacy), and -- voila! -- mission accomplished. :grin: