Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FURBY hack???  (Read 4272 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Anyone hacked a furby and interfaced an arduino to it???

what?
View Profile

Haha, Furby's are back in the shops, I dont know about the new ones but the old ones were quite easy and could be controlled with a one 4 all remote, if i remember it's 8 bits 1010 0101, first nibble is the command and 2nd nibble is the opposite of first, 1111 0000, 1001 0110 and so on

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Haha, Furby's are back in the shops, I dont know about the new ones but the old ones were quite easy and could be controlled with a one 4 all remote, if i remember it's 8 bits 1010 0101, first nibble is the command and 2nd nibble is the opposite of first, 1111 0000, 1001 0110 and so on

Heck, it could be done even simpler than that if you didn't care about the Furby's functions and noises; just interface the sensors and such direct to the Arduino, and use a motor controller to control the -single- motor inside the Furby. Yep - only one motor controlled all the motions!

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

View Profile

See Taming via Arduino Hack for full scale Arduino hack of the new "2012" Furby!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: