Go Down

Topic: How many boards I need ? (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic

brunnot

Hi,

I want to build a system to automate my home, I already found tutorials that explain a lot to me. The only thing that I can't find is.

If my home have 2 rooms, I need to have two Arduino Board with WiFi shield for exmaple  ?

If yes, there are another way more cheaper ?

Tks

Brunno

CrossRoads

Need more explanation of what you are planning the automation to do.
Do the rooms need to talk to each other?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

brunnot

My project is to control my home using voice recognition, for that I will use one Arduino with Voice Shield, this main Arduino it will connect using Wifi and than send commands to all the rooms. This commands will controls the lights for example.

Tks,
Brunno

CrossRoads

If Wifi, then yes, a microcontroller with Wifi board in each room to receive commands and perform automation action and read sensors.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

KenF

This is like asking what ingredients you need to cook dinner.  I'd suggest pies and chips, but someone else may prefer chicken.

brunnot

What is the alternative to Wifi ?

brunnot

This is like asking what ingredients you need to cook dinner.  I'd suggest pies and chips, but someone else may prefer chicken.

I agree but now I just do some research, to know all alternative that I have

Go Up