Go Down

Topic: Can not put Arduino UNO R2's atmega 16U2 into DFU mode (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Kosrabt

I have a same problem, with my arduino uno r3...
I plugged in, and my pc identified an unknown device. I installed with the IDE's driver, because it's not in DFU mode.
But, when I want to switch to DFU with the pins, it doesen't change. My computer still recognize as Arduino Uno R3, not as a new device..
Any Idea?

spcomputing

Does it (Windows) notify you with a sound (like plugging in a USB device)?

wijn

I'm experiencing the same problem - my Uno R3's 16U2 will not go into DFU mode - and I'd like to try using another Uno as an ICSP programmer to flash the 16U2. I can't find any tutorials/instructions explaining how to connect the second uno to the 16U2's ICSP header though. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

wijn

Can I follow the instructions on http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/Upgrading16U2Due, but use this avrdude command?

avrdude -p at90usb162 -F -P usb -c arduino -U flash:w:UNO-dfu_and_usbserial_combined.hex -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U hfuse:w:0xD9:m -U efuse:w:0xF4:m -U lock:w:0x0F:m

Is this likely to break anything further than it already has been?  :smiley-eek:

Go Up