Inserting serial monitor in the forum

How can you Insert the serial monitor in the forum?
I cant copy and paste, I can highlight the text in the monitor but cannot copy.

I highlight the text, then c on your keyboard.

edit: I was interrupted by the phone.
To insert into the forum text field, put the carat where you want the text, and use v on your keyboard.

Thank's Surfertim that works a treat.

@TimFr, been using computers for very long? :slight_smile:

Rob

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old. I have always used the mouse 'left button to highlight and right button to copy but this wont work on the monitor window. I can highlight ok but cant copy, cant really understand why c does and not with the mouse.

its just the post mouse generation, I see it all the time, and there is nothing really wrong with it ... until you need a keyboard command

I am sure there are some 12 finger multitouch wizardry that I dont know about, and god help me operating a modern phone, but durn it I can operate windows without a mouse, almost as fast with one!

the reason why is the program (and most java programs) doesnt really handle the context menu, keyboard commands are universal to a point

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

floresta:

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

Yes I remember now but have been using Windows for too long now