Go Down

Topic: Inserting serial monitor in the forum (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TimFr

How can you Insert the serial monitor in the forum?
I cant copy and paste, I can highlight the text in the monitor but cannot copy.

SurferTim

Oct 19, 2012, 06:52 pm Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012, 07:23 pm by SurferTim Reason: 1
I highlight the text, then <CTRL>c on your keyboard.

edit: I was interrupted by the phone.
To insert into the forum text field, put the carat where you want the text, and use <CTRL>v on your keyboard.

TimFr

Thank's Surfertim that works a treat.

Graynomad

@TimFr, been using computers for very long? :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

TimFr

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old. I have always used the mouse 'left button to highlight and right button to copy but this wont work on the monitor window. I can highlight ok but cant copy, cant really understand why <CTRL>c does and not with the mouse.

Osgeld

Oct 20, 2012, 09:32 am Last Edit: Oct 20, 2012, 09:34 am by Osgeld Reason: 1
its just the post mouse generation, I see it all the time, and there is nothing really wrong with it ... until you need a keyboard command

I am sure there are some 12 finger multitouch wizardry that I dont know about, and god help me operating a modern phone, but durn it I can operate windows without a mouse, almost as fast with one!

the reason why is the program (and most java programs) doesnt really handle the context menu, keyboard commands are universal to a point
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

floresta

Oct 27, 2012, 09:47 pm Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 09:49 pm by floresta Reason: 1
Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
 Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
 Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

TimFr

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
 Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
 Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

Yes I remember now but have been using Windows for too long now

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy