Go Down

Topic: How to open the project made with Jantje's plugin under eclipse (Read 962 times) previous topic - next topic

ardypro

Hi, all,

Hoping this is the correct place I ask the question.

I installed the Eclipse Indigo with Jantje's plugin for Arduino under Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04. Under the same OS, I knew how to creat and reopen the project created with this plugin, but if I switched to another OS, I had no idea how to open the project since the 'open project' menu item was disabled. Any sugguestions would be highly appreciated!

ardypro

For example, if a project was created with CodeBlocks, the ext name for the project file would be cbp, double clicked it would fire CB to open it. I did not find a project file in the files created with Eclipse, however.

Jantje

Hi
I'm assuming you have a dual boot system and that the same disks are available to both os'es
In eclipse projects belong to a workspace. So you do not open a project you open a workspace and the workspace contains projects.

The first thing you do when eclipse starts is selecting a workspace. The workspace is actually a folder. For instance In windows that could be c:\myworkspace. Note that you can set a default workspace in which case you are not asked to select the workspace.
When you boot your system in Ubuntu you need to locate this folder/workspace and use the same workspace when starting eclipse.
Once you have done so all the projects must be visible.
Best regards
Jantje
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

ardypro

thank you, Jantje, for your kind reponse and your useful plugin.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy