Go Down

Topic: garage door opener hack to add a three second delay (Read 2100 times) previous topic - next topic

Oct 01, 2012, 03:24 am Last Edit: Oct 01, 2012, 09:40 am by Legacylift Reason: 1
I need some guidance here, I have many garage door, sliding gate single and dual control boards that I have tried to modify to control a lift, they do what I want them to do, but... i need it to have a automatic three second delay before the next button pushed will energize. how can I start to hack into the microcontroller to change the programming? or can that not be done? I do have an Arduino Uno, but I am new to this, I definatly have enjoyed the projects that have come with the inventors kit! but I dont know enough to know if what I want to do is possible. I appreciate any imput in advance.
it has 9 pins on each side. it fits on the bread board but i dont know how to connect it to the arduino

9 pins make me think about a serial interface (rs-232), but unless you provide plenty of details about the board you're trying to interface to Arduino, it will be _very_ difficult to provide any help.

the microcontroller is a pic16f84a, its attached to a remote reciever that has four channels. i wanted to get into the chip to add a three second delay< so that the reversing contactor would not engague too soon when another button is pushed. so im trying to learn C to program another chip and make the controller from scratch. this is my fist dive into this field. im working on this to get out of the air conditioning field that i have been in for 30 plus years, my body is worn out and i feel that if i can make this work it will change my life. im kinda stumbling in the dark, nad i hope that im heading in the right direction. starting with trhe arduino. it should be a simple program and the controlls are simple as well. basically a garage door opener with added safetys and a delay. any imput would be appreciated.
thank you for your post.

I think so you should go to any expert, who can help you and know Arduino Uno well.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131