Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 24 or 26 AWG cable for my arduino UNO ??  (Read 1844 times)
Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I can't get wire with pins because the length is not standard in my project...

this is the cable i want to buy http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=3030 ....

Put some solder on the end to join the strands together into something stiffer.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages...

View Profile

Ok i will cancel the order and i will buy a utp 24 AWG ..... thanks for the advice all of you

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

In my experience 24Ga. works the best. 22Ga is a 'bit' too big although it will work and 26Ga tends to be noisy because it rarely fits tightly... especially if the female has been "Stretched" by a standard Square Pin (.025" Sq). THere is a "Breadboard" style of PCB available from Adafruit that is unique. It has a standard breadboard hole pattern and bottom connectivity identical to a breadboard and it is gold plated too. Complete your breadboard and finalize positions of components and wiring them transfer the components, one at a time to the "PCB" and solder them down. The finished product is identical to the breadboard without the "Added" capacity of the wire clips proximity to each other. The boards come in 1/4, 1/2 and full size 830 point PCB's. 3 to a pack, white in color and IMO well worth the money for a one of a kind circuit. I bought 3 of the full sized boards and I will be using them for sensor mounting and interfacing to my various Arduino's. I can also solder headers to stack boards or whatever I need to Add to a design, like headers for radio's or GPS or ...

Bob

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

I picked up a bunch of new breadboards when I started messing with microcontrollers and I'm a bit surprised but I have very, very few problems with them. That could well change once they have 100,000 miles on them.

I've got about a half mile of CAT-5 cable around, so I use a lot of that (24 ga).

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: