Go Down

Topic: Hardware Multiplier on Arduino (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic

ahmed34234

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a support for hardware multiplier on Arduino IDE ? If yes, then which devices does it support ?

(Apologies if I am at the wrong forum topic).

Thanks,
Ahmed.

AWOL

A hardware multiplier other than the one in the processor is going to take a lot of your limited I/O.
Are you maybe looking for a DSP architecture?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

fungus

Nov 02, 2012, 03:38 pm Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012, 04:20 pm by fungus Reason: 1

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a support for hardware multiplier on Arduino IDE ?

Yes.

If yes, then which devices does it support ?

It definitely uses it for an Arduino Uno...and hopefully for any other chip with a multiplier.

(I assume you meant for the AVR chip on the Arduino....you didn't say)
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

KeithRB

You did not say whether you wanted integer, floating point or analog 8^), but here is a floating point co-processor:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8129

ahmed34234

hi, For example lets take an Arduino Mega with ATmega2560, I am not able to find info about its capabilities of floating point multiplications (if there are any) , can you kindly shed some light on this?
Thanks.

fungus

hi, For example lets take an Arduino Mega with ATmega2560, I am not able to find info about its capabilities of floating point multiplications (if there are any) , can you kindly shed some light on this?

It doesn't have any.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Go Up