Go Down

Topic: Arduino Leonardo error (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

successfulfailure

Oct 21, 2012, 04:46 am Last Edit: Oct 21, 2012, 04:53 am by successfulfailure Reason: 1
I got my Arduino Leonardo connected to my computer for the first time and it's coming up with an error...

I ignored the error and used the Arduino compiler to upload the code to the Leonardo

Here is the code:
Code: [Select]
void setup()
{
 pinMode(2, INPUT);
 digitalWrite(2,HIGH);

Keyboard.begin();

while(digitalRead(2))
 {
 }

Keyboard.println("Arduino Leo Keyboard function test");
 delay(1000);
 Keyboard.println("Test version 1.0.1");
 delay(1000);
 Keyboard.write(48); // character 0
 delay(2500);
 Keyboard.press(KEY_BACKSPACE);
 delay(1000);
 Keyboard.releaseAll();

}

void loop()
{
}

When I try to upload, an error message pops up: "Couldn't find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board's rest button after initiating the upload." (There is a reset button but it doesn't seem to work... :smiley-roll-sweat: or I'm not using it right)

When I click "Serial Port Monitor" on "Tools" bar, again an error message pops up: "Serial port 'COM6' not found. Did you select the right one from the Tools > Serial Port Menu?"

Questions:
1. How do I rest the Arduino Leonardo board?
2. How do I upload any code to Arduino Leonardo board?

Nick Gammon

Immediately after starting the upload press and release reset on the Leonardo. With luck it should upload correctly then.
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

successfulfailure

Still comes up with that same error...  :( (I've tried many different USB ports on my laptop...)

mymaestro

Same problem in a different thread: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=130161.0
The solution there fixed this problem for me too.

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview