Go Down

Topic: Robotic Hand (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

rohawa

That looks good. Ill check around for those servos. how about bread-boarding? any idea how that would work?

Bainesbunch

That looks good. Ill check around for those servos. how about bread-boarding? any idea how that would work?

This is a DIL chip and so will fit into your standard breadboard without any problems, I built my prototype on breadboard

I also used an atmega328 chip nativly and not an Ardiuno board as it keeps the cost of production down.

My design also used an SPI capacitive touch sensor breakout from sparkfun and so they both sat on the SPI bus together.

Cheers Pete.
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

rohawa

Can you explain that a little more? Im very new to this.

Bainesbunch

Can you explain that a little more? Im very new to this.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Fritzing layout that replicates breadboard and the PCB that finally went into production.

As you can see the DIL chips fit a standard breadborad. I use standard headers to connect the Servos to

Cheers Pete

EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

rohawa

I havent been on the forum in a while but I'm about to order some parts. Im planning to use servos.... specificallly these ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32645S-HS-645MG-Torque-Metal/dp/B003T6RSVQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1356380326&sr=8-10&keywords=servos

http://www.amazon.com/Hitec-31311S-HS-311-Standard-Universal/dp/B0006O3WVE/ref=pd_sim_t_5

Im currently diagramming the breadboard and ordering my voltage regulators etc.
I was wondering if you guys could reccomend to me a decent breadboard that might work well for four servos.
Last but not least I was wondering how i would be able to hold my servos in a position. I want the hand im creating to grip a rod and im wondering how i would be able to make it do that.

Thanks guys Youve been helping alot so far. :)

Go Up