Go Down

Topic: Robotic Hand (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

I don't understand why you would want a breadboard. The servos just need ground, power, and the pwm signal from Arduino. Do you really need a breadboard just for that?

To simplify the connections if you want a plug-and-play solution I believe there is a servo shield that provides a set of standard servo sockets so you could plug the servos in directly, but all you'd need was one flying lead per servo and connect the power and ground from each servo to your power supply and the pwm line to the corresponding Arduino output.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

rohawa

I cant find a servo shield thats still in production. Could you please link me to it. :)

By the way, would those 2 motors work well for my purpose or would you suggest something else?

PaulS

I cant find a servo shield thats still in production.

Perhaps because nobody bought one, because they are not needed. Connect the power leads of the three servos to positive side of the power supply. Connect the grounds of the three servos and the Arduino to the negative side. Connect the three control wires to the Arduino. No shield needed.

PeterH

would those 2 motors work well for my purpose or would you suggest something else?

If it's only for a robotic hand and not for a rock crusher, you probably don't actually need a high torque metal geared servo and could get away with something much cheaper. To know for sure you're need to know what sort of force, travel and speed you need from your servos. Then you can compare those requirements against the speed/torque ratings to see which servos would be adequate.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

rohawa

Well the point was to do a pressure test with the hand. so thats what i was thinking.

Go Up