Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Due pinouts photo  (Read 7707 times)
nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Actually if you look at the broken out pic of the ICSP header you can see a dot, I assume that's on the real PCB. I'm not sure what you mean about pins50 and 52, they are labelled on the photo.

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

View Profile

the one broken out is the new spi, that has the dot, but the icsp for the atmega, the small one, does not have an dot.
And if you look at the picture on the mega, that I refered to, you see that grey marking, where text for two of the spi's are.
Yes, everyone can see number 50 and 52.. but I don't see the text there as I found on the mega picture.

Edit: now I found it, it's broken out under the picture, no not, but the pins are there. That's good.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:22:41 pm by neslekkim » Logged

Nice, France
View Profile

I found the atmega pinout after rummaging through these forums:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125908.0.html

Yes, these would be easier to find if they were sticky.

and the atmega's icsp, there are no dot on the pcb to tell its orientation, did anyone find out how it's oriented?
There is a dot on the pcb and also a mark on the photo (maybe it should be made more obvious though) and the pinouts are correct for that orientation.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:14:13 pm by Nantonos » Logged

Nice, France
View Profile

Yes, everyone can see number 50 and 52.. but I don't see the text there as I found on the mega picture.

Yes, you are right. I remember now tht I didn't like the clarity of the text on the Mega picture (because it is on top of the PCB) and meant to do it in a clearer way for the Due.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Don't forget this fine screw terminal adapter smiley

$38/kit mailed to US locations. I just ordered more boards. Waiting on delivery of 5 from itead that are already paid for and going to Ireland.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

There is a dot on the pcb and also a mark on the photo (maybe it should be made more obvious though) and the pinouts are correct for that orientation.

Do we have different boards?, I'm not talking about the new spi header besides SAM, I'm talking about the other, new icsp header closer to the power connector.

Regarding the two spi thingys, one around pins 50-53 is that SPI0?, and the spi for samx, what is that?, I could not find out how to use either, and I mixed up when trying, using both.
Now I also see that the GND's around have different meaning, some for analog, some for digital.. are the gnd on the icsp and spi headers also different?

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
View Profile

It's difficult labelling all the pins clearly when there are so many and they are both horizontal and vertical. In the case of the Mega/Due it may even need two diagrams to label ALL the pins with all their functions.

______
Rob

View Profile

The labeling don't need to be overlayed on the board, your example from earlier, and the one I provided seems to be an better idea.

View Profile

btw, attached here is the icsp header I was asking about, no dot's on my board. All the other headers around have the dot, not this one.
but if the pinout in the first picture is correct, I guess the dot should be on top left corner of the header.

* P1010198.JPG (345.88 KB, 1024x792 - viewed 36 times.)

View Profile

btw, attached here is the icsp header I was asking about, no dot's on my board. All the other headers around have the dot, not this one.
but if the pinout in the first picture is correct, I guess the dot should be on top left corner of the header.

My Due got the dot, it's actiually on the bottom right.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
View Profile

My first pass at a pinout diagram here for those interested in such matters

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,132130.msg993914.html#msg993914

______
Rob

Germany
View Profile

Please report any errors, and I will fix them.

Colors indicate comparison to the Mega2560 which has a similar shield connector pinout. Green means the same as Mega2560. Red is for warnings. Orange shows new functionality:

• JTAG and SWD headers for debugging
  • DAC outputs
  • CAN bus
  • Two USB ports
  • erase switch

Please ignore the interrupt pins for now, these are not implemented in 1.5 but are planned for 1.5.1 so I will leave them where they are for the moment and revise when 1.5.1 comes out.

revision 2: correct labelling of USB ports, SPI not ICSP header.
revision 3: label JTAG and SWD pins, call out 16U2 ICSP (thanks to PeterVH)

The definitive source remains the official Arduino Due hardware page. This pinout photo overlay is just for convenience.
Btw. the Vcc on the SPI is 5V and should be noticed

View Profile

On the spi in the middle?, SHIT!, And I have been using this and that.
How can I know if my board is defunct or not ?
I was attaching an unit that is supposed to handle 3v3 and 5v, but I tried mosi++ in the middle, and the same on the edge of the board.

Mixing 5v and 3v3 on an board that is not 5v tolerant is not very nice design!

Germany
View Profile

On the spi in the middle?, SHIT!, And I have been using this and that.
How can I know if my board is defunct or not ?
I was attaching an unit that is supposed to handle 3v3 and 5v, but I tried mosi++ in the middle, and the same on the edge of the board.

Mixing 5v and 3v3 on an board that is not 5v tolerant is not very nice design!
Yes saw it on this http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-Due-schematic.pdf.

It's true not an good move to have 5V on an 3.3V SPI some Sparcfun Shields use this Pin to detect the voltage too so they are dangerous too. Can you explain an bit more what are you have done so I can think about it.

But it musst be possible too set each Pin high and low seperatly so you can detect if it works and you can use the pins as intput to check the other way. --> Serial echo

View Profile

Yes saw it on this http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-Due-schematic.pdf.

It's true not an good move to have 5V on an 3.3V SPI some Sparcfun Shields use this Pin to detect the voltage too so they are dangerous too. Can you explain an bit more what are you have done so I can think about it.

But it musst be possible too set each Pin high and low seperatly so you can detect if it works and you can use the pins as intput to check the other way. --> Serial echo

I have been trying to get an spi 7segment display running, and have tried all variations on the spi outputs, nothing worked, and sometimes I got an segment of an digit lighting, everything was very flakey.
Really hope that I didn't break the Due with this. I tried to use gnd+vcc from the spi next to the SAM, and tried mosi, ss, spck etc from that header, and the headers around the board, nothing worked. Wery close to throwing the crap in the shredder..

Luckily Graynomad is now creating an proper pinout map for this board, so I will try again in the weekend.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Jump to: