Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: max13855 thermocouple problems  (Read 641 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys,

I am using a MAX13855 thermocouple digital amp to read a k-type thermocouple with my Uno. I have a .1uF cap across the thermocouple leads and the chip communicates well with the Arduino. I'm taking an average of 100 samples and when it settles for a few minutes it seems to be fairly accurate. Accurate untill:...

The problem I'm having is that the temperature reading drifts up or down by around 20 °F when my body gets near the thermocouple or it's leads. I'm guessing capacitance interference of some sort. Is there a way to eliminate this? It makes it very difficult to calibrate, since I have to be near the system to do so.

It also goes kind of wacky when I move the leads around.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The datasheet does not recommend any capacitor across the TC leads, what's with that? I have some MAX31855s but have not tried them yet. Had very good luck with its predecessor, MAX6675.

Define "wacky"?

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: