Go Down

Topic: morse through ultrasounds (Read 331 times) previous topic - next topic

kourpetis

Hello i am working on a project the last year now but the lack of knowledge on electronics probably creats the most of my problems. i have allready finished with the rest of my project but now i want to sent a string of 24 chars with ultrasounds from one port from my arduino mega and receive it to an other.

i have fount this schematics over internet and i have connected trancmiter to pin 7 and receiver to pin 8

analogRead on the receiver gives me nothing. ither i am doing something wrong or i cand drive the transmiter !

first of all is something like that going to work ?
should i play with pwm of the transmiter and receiver ports while both works under 40khz ? and if yes, HOW ?
digitalRead and write or analogRead and Write ?

Please help !

MarkT

Ultrasonic transducers like these are highly resonant - you must drive the transmitter at (or close to) 40kHz.  Likewise the received signal will be at 40kHz and analogRead() isn't fast enough to follow such a rapid waveform.

You should look into adding an AM detector circuit to the receiver to convert that 40kHz AC down to its envelop.  Perhaps even a single diode would be enough?

To get PWM to 40kHz means using frequency-correct mode in the relevant timer module - perhaps easiest to use a library to handle this - perhaps there's one for ultrasonic transducers?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy