Go Down

Topic: Operating Voltage (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

franceslup

So, The first thing the i noticed respingere arduino Due spechs is:

Warning: Unlike other Arduino boards, the Arduino Due board runs at 3.3V. The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Providing higher voltages, like 5V to an I/O pin could damage the board.

I want to make a question/reflection
If i have a servo motor(i know The Servo library is non supported yet) that has an operative Voltage of 5V-6V i think i Can use the 5V pin on Arduino due. But what about the signal pin?
Is it possible that the 3.3V output of arduino due on the signal pin is interpreted as LOW level from servo and it will not rotate???
Doing in this way there is risk to break the board?

Thankyou

Tom Carpenter

It depends on the servo. What you are best off doing is putting a level shifting circuit between the due output and the servo input, just to be sure. (If you google level shift circuit, there are lots of designs and chips available).
~Tom~

Grumpy_Mike

Yes probably if the input to the servo floats high when disconnected. It depends on the construction of the servo electronics.

Graynomad

It's starting :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

franceslup

Yes probably if the input to the servo floats high when disconnected. It depends on the construction of the servo electronics.

Downloading The datasheet there is only indication about The operative Voltage of The servo. So maybe we cannot use servo whit arduino due?

Go Up