Go Down

Topic: Problems with gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.4.1-2010q1-188-win32.tar.gz file on build IDE (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Baltasar

Ok one of the needed tarball probably was not created using the --hard-dereference flag, so when building the IDE 1.5 this errors show up:

windows-unzip-arm-toolchain:
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/g++.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/c++.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/armv6-m/libg.a: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/armv6-m/libc.a': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/libg.a: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/libg.a: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/libc.a': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2/libg.a: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2/libc.a': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-ar.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/ar.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-as.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/as.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-c++.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.4.1.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-nm.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/nm.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/objcopy.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-objdump.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/objdump.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-ranlib.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/ranlib.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-strip.exe: Cannot hard link to `g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin/strip.exe': Operation not permitted
     [exec] tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
     [exec] Result: 2

To make the builded IDE working I had to install this files manualy copying them from the oficial online IDE zip.

I think this tarball should be fixed so that can be extracted anyware.
Check all my projects based on Atmel/Arduino -> www.aqualed-light.com

cmaglie

Hi Baltasar,

may you provide more details on your OS? i've tried the full build on Windows 7 and it worked without issues.

C
C.

Baltasar

I have windows XP Pro and used the latested Cygwin version with all the most recent tools needed to build it.

Anyway going to try today on a real Linux SO just to see how it goes.
Check all my projects based on Atmel/Arduino -> www.aqualed-light.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy