Go Down

Topic: 1602 Column Offset Wrong (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

mwiseman

I have a 1602 LCD display that is giving me problems. If I setCursor(0, 0) and print("ABC"), only "BC" show up with "B" in the top left spot. If I setCursor(1, 0) then the entire "ABC is displayed. The top-right corner works with setCursor(16, 0). The second row has the same column offset problem, setCursor(1,1) sets the bottom-left corner.

I've tried the LCD display on two Arduino Unos and the problem is the same on both.

Any suggestions?

rpt007

I don't have an explanation for this, but, if you can repeatedly get the same results by just adding "1" to the column, go ahead with this and be happy that you got a unique device  :)
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand "How to use this forum"  -> http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=148996.0
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

Southpark

Jul 26, 2016, 10:19 am Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 10:52 am by Southpark
Any suggestions?
rpt007's suggestion was pretty good. The other suggestion is to grab another 1602 module of the same sort, but from a different supplier .... and see if the behaviour is the same.

floresta

Jul 26, 2016, 03:51 pm Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 03:53 pm by floresta
I suggest reinstalling the library.

You could also try it without using a library.  Follow the LCD Programming Examples link at http://web.alfredstate.edu/weimandn to find some standalone programs.

Don

mwiseman

I suggest reinstalling the library.
Tried that. Didn't work. I'd really like to figure this out. So, I'm going to buy another LCD and see what happens.

floresta

I'd really like to figure this out.
Trying one of the standalone Arduino programs at the link I gave you will give you the answer in a few minutes. 

Don

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy