Go Down

Topic: 1.44 inch TFT 128x128 GLCD ILI9163 (Read 8430 times) previous topic - next topic

david_prentice

I will try Ucglib with a 1.44" display.    I think that Sumotoy's library works fast enough.

It looks as if I will have to write another GLUE class to run Adafruit methods on a Ucglib object.

Meanwhile,  you should be using the hardware SPI:
Code: [Select]

Ucglib_ILI9163_18x128x128_HWSPI ucg(9, 10, 8);

David.

gimpo

With hardware SPI it has doubled the performance, is now acceptable.
In any case, since the performance are comparable, I prefer the sumotoys libs because I have not to rewrite all the software I have for Adafruit libs.
I think that UGC libs are cool for people that need nice fonts and/or are going to draw complex shapes.
Arduino, what else?

david_prentice

Jan 20, 2016, 10:46 pm Last Edit: Jan 20, 2016, 10:47 pm by david_prentice
I am going to the pub.

I will do the GLUE tomorrow.  I strongly suggest that you choose one popular style of graphics class.   e.g. UTFT, Adafruit, Ucglib, ...

Then stick to it.   If necessary,  write a GLUE class that lets you "glue" a different library to your standard methods.

It will drive you mental if you try hand-editing code to suit different methods.

David.

gimpo

I am going to the pub.
Good idea! Have a nice evening.

I will stay with Adfruit/style libs. I don't need sophisticated graphics for my project. My primary goal is to reduce the sketch size as much as I can. So light libs are a must in my case.
Arduino, what else?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy