Go Down

Topic: Due PWM & H-bridge motor control. (Read 559 times) previous topic - next topic

SwarfEye

Hi,

I'm working to get my Due to control to drive a Robot Power MegaMoto shield...
http://www.robotpower.com/products/MegaMoto_info.html

It looks like I can use the MegaMoto to do just about everything I want to do, from driving servos to driving 3ph brushless DC motors!  So fabulous...

except...

... all of the PWM libraries I have found so far for Due seem to be limited to using pins 6-9 for output.  Apparently the Due is supposed to have 13 PWM channels?  I am wondering why the 6-9 limitation is there, and how to get around it?

The immediate problem is that the MegaMoto can be configured to use D5, D10, or D3 for its channel B PWM input.  None of those channels are within the 6-9 range!

For the time being I've written a software PWM that uses timers and interrupts to provide PWM on whatever pin I want... and this works.  But this approach is a kludge at best, it is super high overhead, and it is going to really limit what else I can do with the chip down the road.  I know that the SAM chip is capable of a lot more and I want to do it right!

I'm really not sure how to get access to the super cool SAM capabilities.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

so3ody

Hi I work on the same project too

try to use the ASF example pwm_synch with some modifications it will enable you to get 3 pwm channels which works synchronous to each other ...

Please tell me if you have any code devoplments

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy