Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due Mini/Nano (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Is that ROM in the 16U2, or in the ATSAM? There is no external ROM part on the board.
I haven't looked at the datasheet - maybe its access via JTAG or SPI?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

pYro_65

Oct 24, 2012, 02:56 am Last Edit: Oct 24, 2012, 02:59 am by pYro_65 Reason: 1
Its in the ATSAM, the data sheet says:

16 Kbytes ROM with embedded bootloader routines (UART, USB) and IAP routines

also

The SAM-BA Boot is in ROM and is mapped in Flash at address 0x0 when GPNVM bit 1 is set
to 0.

So when the bit is set it must be over writable just like a normal ISP/similar

krazatchu

The SAM3A4C and SAM3X4C are the smaller (100pin/256k) cousins of the 144 pin SAM3X8E on the Due.
Being in the same family would make quick and dirty ...

Michael
----------------------
http://www.krazatchu.ca

ArgusTech

If the vanilla SAM3XE chip like you can order it from Farnell works with own-built boards, I might develop a smaller version of the Due. I developed a variant (actually: a shield) for the 8bit Arduino for use in industrial environments (think ruggedcircuits but better :p ), but boards with the dimensions of the Due or the Mega don't fit in our DIN-rail enclosures.

Perhaps it is possible to minimize the dimensions to something in the range of a Uno by omitting some pinheaders. Then you would have the same number of input/outputs of a regular Arduino, but with the processing power of the Due.

MichaelMeissner

The Teensy 3.0 is now entering general release if you wanted an ARM board in a smaller package than the DUE.  The Teensy is not the DUE, so be sure to understand what it offers and what it doesn't.  Teensy 3.0 uses a modified Arduino 1.0.1 IDE.

Go Up