Go Down

Topic: precision high speed ADC for Due (Read 157 times) previous topic - next topic

Espada

Hi,

I am connecting a voltage source directly to the analog input, reading with a voltmeter and the arduino simultaneously, and comparing values. I have a lot of noise and offset on the readings with my arduino Due. Up to 10% error. I am attaching two files: one with the error relative to input voltage and other with the transfer function. Is this error normal?

I would like to try a different ADC to see if I can improve my readings. I would like at least a 12bit and 200kSPS ADC.

Can anyone recommend a model that I can easily attach to the DUe?

Are all ADCs that have SPI interface compatible with the Due? (I have only found examples for certain models and none meet my requirements)

thank you

CrossRoads

Jun 25, 2015, 08:20 pm Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015, 08:21 pm by CrossRoads
Lot of SPI interface parts here. Scroll across & check sample rate.
Due has 5V SPI interface? Or 3.3V?
Did you want thruhole for breadboarding or SMD for a PCB?
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40027%2Cfff80183%2C2640004%2C3cc004e&k=adc&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Espada

Lot of SPI interface parts here. Scroll across & check sample rate.
Due has 5V SPI interface? Or 3.3V?
Did you want thruhole for breadboarding or SMD for a PCB?
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40027%2Cfff80183%2C2640004%2C3cc004e&k=adc&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

The spi interface of the due uses 5V. I prefer thruhole over SMD but it can be any type.

Overall what I want is something very well known and accurate, thats why I want someones advise to choose one or another.

Thanks

MorganS

The spi interface of the due uses 5V. I prefer thruhole over SMD but it can be any type.
No it doesn't. The ISP connector has a 5V power pin like every other Arduino but you can't use 5V on the data lines.
GoForSmoke: "What GShield? You never mentioned a shield."

MarkT

Please don't post mis-information like this:

Put 5V on any pin of the chip and you'll probably fry it, the SAM3X8E chip is 1.8V internal and
I/O tolerant to 3.6V. (4.0V absolute maximum).  On the Due board the I/O is run at 3.3V
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Espada

so in the page crossroads posted I should search for items with 3.3V in voltage supply analog/digital or 5v?

Go Up