Go Down

Topic: Tested shields (Read 2493 times) previous topic - next topic

heper

Perhaps the lucky ones who allready have a board could share what shields they have tested to be
fully working without too much fiddling.

personally i'm interested in the xbee shields (for example the dfrobot xbee + bluetooth module)

Graynomad

So far the beta testers have been quiet (well we don't know who they are so maybe not), but I wouldn't hold your breath until quite a few boards get out in the wild.

If you can provide links to the shield's schematics we may be able to figure out if they will work or not.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

giantsfan3

Oct 25, 2012, 12:32 am Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 12:34 am by giantsfan3 Reason: 1
Even if some accommodation were made for pin-compatibility of the 3.3V <-> 5V for a given 5V shield, wouldn't there still be an issue with the shield actually requiring a SUPPLY-RAIL of 5V to be powered in the first place? How will the Arduino Due solve this problem -- is there a stepup converter, or else a 5V output LDO somewhere?

giantsfan3

Never mind. The Due page lists the following pin:

* 5V. This pin outputs a regulated 5V from the regulator on the board. The board can be supplied with power either from the DC power jack (7 - 12V), the USB connector (5V), or the VIN pin of the board (7-12V).

Nantonos

If a shield has a schematic, then checking whether IOREF is connected to anything would seem to be useful for a first pass.

I've tested the Arduino Ethernet Shield. It works fine (both SD and Ethernet).

Go Up