Announce the world first Nano sized Leonardo -Dreamer Nano

DFRobot just released the first Nano sized Leonardo- Dreamer Nano

The Dreamer Nano V4.0 is a surface mount breadboard embedded version of the ATMEGA 32U4 with integrated Micro USB. It has everything that Leonardo has (electrically).Physically, it is just missing power jack to save space.

Using the ATmega32U4 as its sole microcontroller allows it to be cheaper and simpler. Also, because the 32U4 is handling the USB directly, code libraries are available which allow the board to emulate a computer keyboard, mouse, and more using the USB-HID protocol!

The Dreamer Nano v4.0 is compatible with most Nano shield in the market. It's suitable for projects that require a compact size controller system.

Specification:

• Input Voltage: 6.5-12v (VIN) / 5v (Micro USB)
  • ATmega32u4 Microcontroller
  • 20 Digital I/O Pins
  • 7 PWM Channels
  • 12 ADCs
  • 16MHz Clock Speed
  • 32 KB Flash Memory
  • Compatible with most of Nano shield
  • Size: 45x20x20mm

It is not the first small Leonardo - my Leonardino (little leonardo) was out quite a while ago - and I brought out 25 IO lines,

nice board Robert!..

Im not sure how I missed that?

Is there a thread/discussion on this when/while you were developing it?

thanks!

Started here
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,78631.0.html
Really started to get small around page 6

More here
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,88454.0.html

I still have 5 left from the batch of 20 I ordered. I should try putting one together now that I have refllow capability.
Don't think I ever ordered any 32u4 processors.

CrossRoads:
It is not the first small Leonardo - my Leonardino (little leonardo) was out quite a while ago - and I brought out 25 IO lines,

All right. You are the first guy ]:smiley: ]:D. Your work looks nice too.

The LeoStick has been around a while too.

I bought one a while back and quickly ran out of uses for it :slight_smile: - unless there's a way of sending a signal to it, eg (like the guy with V-USB) pressing the caps lock 3 times invokes a function, but I have no idea at all how you apply what the V-USB library does to one of these devices (That includes the Leonardo and clones)