Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Send MMS and Email using Arduino GSM Shield  (Read 4196 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello Friends,

I want to know how to send E-mail as well as MMS using Arduino GSM Shield.
SIM900D supports both but I am not sure if there is any document which shows each step that need to given to send E-mail or MMS.

Is there anyone who had worked on such projects?

Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Hi

A bit of google-fu has hopefully found some info you can use.

Firstly, if your shield does have the SIM900D chipset, then email appears to be a somewhat straightforward set of AT commands outlined here in the SIM900 Email AT Command Manual (PDF).  In the introduction paragraph it confirms the SIM900D conforms to this operation.  From a quick scan through, so long as you know your SMTP from your POP3 this should be helpful.

For MMS I think the answer is probably in sending an SMS in PDU mode (rather than text).  There's an explanation of what's possible here (I didn't read all 17 parts, but it looks to be pretty thorough).  And it appears many of the sites that talk about operation of the SIM900 based shields (like this one) can help you get an SMS started in PDU mode.

I've not done this, just hate seeing a 0-reply post...so hope something here can be of help to get you on the way, cheers ! Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

View Profile

Hi

A bit of google-fu has hopefully found some info you can use.

Firstly, if your shield does have the SIM900D chipset, then email appears to be a somewhat straightforward set of AT commands outlined here in the SIM900 Email AT Command Manual (PDF).  In the introduction paragraph it confirms the SIM900D conforms to this operation.  From a quick scan through, so long as you know your SMTP from your POP3 this should be helpful.

For MMS I think the answer is probably in sending an SMS in PDU mode (rather than text).  There's an explanation of what's possible here (I didn't read all 17 parts, but it looks to be pretty thorough).  And it appears many of the sites that talk about operation of the SIM900 based shields (like this one) can help you get an SMS started in PDU mode.

I've not done this, just hate seeing a 0-reply post...so hope something here can be of help to get you on the way, cheers ! Geoff

Hi strykeroz ,

Thanks a ton. You have done great job for me.
Thanks again for sharing this useful documents.

Regards,
Madhav

Edison Member
If you're not living on the Edge, you're taking up too much space!
View Profile

For Email, you can use www.smtp2go.com along with Wifly and Mifi from any provider.
I guess that's not what you asked... 

If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

View Profile

I am also trying to send MMS using the SIM900. Sending SMS and MMS are totally different from my experience. MMS requires that you upload something to the module and my current problem is that I can't get the module to read what I'm putting on the UART. Perhaps I'm not putting data on the UART right, but yeah, I can't get MMS to go. If you figure it out could you post it in this thread or contact me please? ted_pham08@yahoo.com

Thanks and good luck!
Ted

View Profile

For Email, you can use www.smtp2go.com along with Wifly and Mifi from any provider.
I guess that's not what you asked... 

Yeah, its something related to Desktop application.

View Profile

HI have you successed on sending MMS / Email using Arduino?Please help me with the details

View Profile

HI have you successed on sending MMS / Email using Arduino?Please help me with the details

Well not yet. But got some basic knowledge about basic parameters that might needed for sending MMS.

View Profile

OK.
Thanks for update
Please let us keep in touch my email:barackludger@yahoo.com....There is this  [http://www.geekonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=GPRS_Shield%EF%BC%88SIM900%EF%BC%89_Firmware_Update] you should know,i am currently waiting for Arduino Uno with FT232 to make that Firmware upgrade.Hope you will understand what i mean when you open that link for SIM900 firmware upgrade

View Profile

Has anyone had any success with this yet?

View Profile

Any updates on how to send an Email message using a Sim900 GSM Shield?

View Profile

Hello guys, have you succeeded in downloading  jpg in uart and send it using gsm shield? i'm having trouble now regarding the CMMSDOWN. please help me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: