Go Down

Topic: FM Radio Shield (DIY). (Read 3031 times) previous topic - next topic

Magician

Oct 25, 2012, 06:36 pm Last Edit: Oct 25, 2012, 06:48 pm by Magician Reason: 1
Arduino Uno, proto-board,few resistors and cheap radio from local convenience store, thats all you need to build FM radio shield.

Capabilities:

- auto-scan full FM band;
- store/recall  20 radio stations to/from the list (EEPROM);
- print a list of radio stations;
- switching tuner up / down along the list;
- fine tunning;
- calibration of heterodyne VCO, using RF broadcasting data as high accuracy Signal Generator;
 (Least Squares based 2-nd degree polynom fitting, about +-0.1 MHz or 0.1% precision);
- debug Command Line Interface.

Check it out: http://coolarduino.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/diy-arduino-fm-radio-shield/

april

Oct 31, 2012, 10:05 pm Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 10:22 pm by april Reason: 1
166 views and no posts . !
Well I think what you have is interesting. My interest is in your knowledge of how to scan radio frequencies . Do you know anything about how this might be made to work on other frequencies ,433Mhz , 200Mhz or 20Mhz for instance?
What particular parts would need to be changed and what other matters might be considered? (obviously the receiver, but could a simple receiver be made or bought )

It might have uses in scanning for bugs , and spectrum analysis.

You put in a lot of work to do this and I thank you for posting it.

Magician

I had close to 1.500 visitors on web page yesterday, after references were posted in news/blog sections : http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2012/10/30/diy-arduino-fm-radio-shield/ and
http://www.freetronics.com/blogs/news/6812702-diy-fm-radio-arduino-shield#.UJGc_7Rl9RS
(thanks).
Regarding no posts here, there are at least two reasons:
- topic quite "specific";
- well explained, so no questions  :)
As they say, incorrect statement, usually getting more attention /responses, than well formulated question.
Do you know anything about how this might be made to work on other frequencies ,433Mhz , 200Mhz or 20Mhz for instance?
IC TDA7088 works over 0.5 - 110 MHz, so it would be quite easy to cover this range. 200, 433 and up needs different chip, I'm sure there are many of similar functionality. Problem to get a BOB ( prototype boards ) which include IC with all peripheral hardware (R/L/C) below $2. May be channel selector from HD box, or an old VHS / TV receiver would be an option.

strykeroz

- well explained, so no questions  :)
FWIW I was a lurker, and that's the reason I didn't.  I did click 'notify' though in case there were any more updates or questions.  :)
As they say, incorrect statement, usually getting more attention /responses, than well formulated question.
I'd not heard that before, but it makes perfect sense !

Thanks for sharing,
Geoff
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy