Go Down

Topic: Control a small battery powered device? (Read 221 times) previous topic - next topic

INTP

Jul 28, 2016, 11:09 pm Last Edit: Jul 28, 2016, 11:31 pm by INTP
Sounds like you just need to stop by a Pier 1 Imports store or even a Walmart, and buy a remote controlled candle.

Dissect it, learn from it, and really at the end you may just be looking at a simple project of gutting the bat signal and popping in the candle bits.

Robin2

I made a sketch for an ATTiny85 that can pulse an IR LED at 38-40Khz
In my concept the Attiny is the receiver (connected to the TSOP) so it does not need to produce the carrier signal - that will be done by the transmitter. The code for all that is in the link I gave earlier (though not for an Attiny).

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

banta67

Thanks INTP & Johnny010.  I appreciate the input.

@Robin2.  This makes the most sense to me.  It fits the requirements of being able to fit into a very small area, and will receive the output signal command from my main Arduino.  It also required very little in terms of investment and, with a little clever programming I can probably send different commands to the Attiny ( thinking blink, steady, maybe change colors on an RGB LED, etc). So this will work.

One last question for now.  Do we know of any similar method that will send/receive an RF signal ( as opposed to the IR method). I suspect it will be a similar circuit but, am thinking there will be no way to get the physical size this small.  This would be a nice-to-have.  because I would not require a line of sight for it to work.

Thanks Again for all the help from everyone.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy