Go Down

Topic: Feasibility Question....for lap timer/counter (Read 32 times) previous topic - next topic

bostonmacosx

I have a project which I'm unsure how to start. I'm a newbie to Arduino/EE in general.

What I need is 4-5 stations(physical locations) what will have timing capabilities where the timers will be started with a light/IR trigger from a base station and then will record the time when each of the non base stations is vibrated or touched. They can be "touched/vibrated" multiple times so we'd be able to set how many of these touches would be recorded before the timing would stop.

So think shuttle run or relay race where each "leg" is timed.

Thanks
Rob

DrDiettrich

One topic is the kind of switches, depending on your (more) specific needs. What objects are racing and touching the sensors?

Another one is the data transmission, in detail the distance from the base station. IR transmission may be okay.

You can find out all that yourself.

The rest is a matter of a not too complicated software, and the addition of switches (start...) and output capabilities (display...).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy