Go Down

Topic: Converting Analog ammeter to Digital Meter Using Arduino (Read 230 times) previous topic - next topic

TomGeorge

Hi,

What do you want to do with it?

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Tom.... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Grumpy_Mike

Meaning I couldn't power my Arduino using USB connection?
Yes unless the USB has an isolated lead or the inputs are not referenced to the ground on the power supply.

You mean I could only monitor 1 meter with 1 Arduino and requires 3 Arduino to monitor all the 3 meters?
Yes, unless again you have isolated each input's referenced level from each other. This is why I said:-

Maybe a flying capacitor isolation circuit might work?
But those need relays and a change in the relay contacts is needed for each reading, so you can't read it very fast.

cullen197

I had inquired about the detail of the meter from its maker. They replied it's a moving coil meter and basic range of the meters are DC 5 volts.

So can I tap a wire parallel-ly from the meter itself to the Arduino board A0 and GND to measure it digitally?

TomGeorge

Hi,
Can you please answer post #15 please.
Also do you know what its output voltage is, this looks like a serious piece of professional broadcast gear.

Do you know what this piece of equipment does?

Tom.... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Grumpy_Mike

So can I tap a wire parallel-ly from the meter itself to the Arduino board A0 and GND to measure it digitally?
No.

Have you understood nothing of what I have told you?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy