Go Down

Topic: Regression between uno and uno R2 VALIDATED. HARDWARE PROBLEM CONFIRMED (Read 29217 times) previous topic - next topic

pico

So just out of interest, what was the "official" fix in the R3 Uno? (I know, I could just dig up and compare schematics, but I'm lazy -- sorry.)
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

john1993

So, do like this?

yes, i now realize thats the best solution. if shield is needed the diode can be installed on it or on the bottom of the uno. thanks for the photo, its just what i needed for those who cant read schematics or dont solder..

btw i did try leaving out the cap on some of my minimal bbb type boards. it worked in most cases but failed with some serial usb dongles. sometimes due to timing issues and other failures caused by polarity. with cap and diode it works all the time so now i mount both on the dongle. this way even a bare chip (literally zero external components) can be programmed via the ide or avrdude alone.

pico

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

CrossRoads

Cathode to +5. Anode to reset pin.
Any spikes on the reset pin are shunted to the +5V supply.
I use 1N4158.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

pico

Go Up