Go Down

Topic: SOLVED: Problem compiling code error: "undefined Reference to 'Timer1'" (Read 10048 times) previous topic - next topic

it looks like v 1.0 helped, it complied but i didn't get the error (i cant type well) my English is quite proficient, but i hunt a peck.
Thanks

Paul, Quotes didnt help, i did use the add library tool from the IDE.

Nick Gammon

You shouldn't need to do this:

Code: [Select]

#include <..\libraries\TimerOne\TimerOne.h>

Instead:

#include <TimerOne.h>

Make sure you restarted the IDE after copying the files. Turn on verbose compiling and see if it found the header file.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

OK when using CodeBlocks, I copied the PinChangeInt and TimerOne folders under my main program directory libraries folder, then I used the following lines and it finally compiled in CodeBlocks too.
Thanks Everyone for all your help!

#include <.\libraries\PinChangeInt\PinChangeInt.h>
#include <.\libraries\TimerOne\TimerOne.h>

Oct 26, 2012, 05:51 am Last Edit: Oct 26, 2012, 05:52 am by rockwallaby Reason: 1
Good to hear you were able to sort it out.
So it was just how you were point to its location that was the problem.

Good luck with the rest of your project, hope you have much fun from it.
Paul

Oh, PS you could mark it solved by modifying the thread title where you first posted.

Thanks again for all the help, this has been fun, I haven't programmed anything since Turbo Pascal about 23 years ago, lots to learn!

Turbo Pascal, that is a blast from the past.
I wonder how many folk here know of that?

Well, hope you become happily addicted to Arduino and experiment with some new ideas.

Cheers,
Paul

Nick Gammon

I wrote some pretty complex stuff in Turbo Pascal. Great development environment.

I've forgotten it all now. :(
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up