Go Down

Topic: Missing RAM Pins (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

True, if you use SMD connectors you have all the edge to work with as long as you're happy to have the board at the top of a stack.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

bheughan

I hate to bump a thread, but does the team have any comments on this? I do understand that mega compatibility > RAM/ethernet support, but for Arduino users who need the extra memory, is the only solution for the foreseeable future (6+ months) to either a) roll your own board or b) use the Atmel evaluation kit?

westfw

is the only solution

I think so.  Officially, none of the Arduino platforms has ever supported add-on RAM (the add-on boards for the MEGA are all from third parties...)

Graynomad

Officially, none of the Arduino platforms has ever supported add-on RAM (the add-on boards for the MEGA are all from third parties...)

At least it was possible with the Mega, the Due doesn't bring out one of the address lines (A6?) so you're screwed.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

grimepoch

So I've been looking into the SMC as well for an LCD and for what I can gather, since I don't use the ADDRESS pins for address, it seems I could still use the SMC to write to my LCD.  It's using 8-bits.  I do need ONE address line to tell it which memory internally to work with.  Although I am not 100% sure.  Still porting code from a Mega2560 project.

Go Up