Go Down

Topic: direct drive 10 x 10 matrix help needed (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

Oct 29, 2012, 06:26 pm Last Edit: Oct 29, 2012, 07:05 pm by stevecobb76 Reason: 1
hi all, I have been working on a led matrix. it is very basic10 x 10 with all cathodes in each row connected and all anodes in each column connected. I have wired it up to arduino in a direct drive setup without transistors or ic's using all analog and digital pins. I have tested each led and have turned off and on each led from arduino using digitalWrite. and all led are mounted in a pegboard and I used radioshack pretinned copper wire to make all connections. yes I used resistors! and I do understand about turning the led's off and on sequentially with little or no delay so that arduino does not have to power more that 1 at a time. I do have plans to add npn transistors as soon as they get here in the mail.

I am ready to move into motion and animation and letters scrolling with the matrix

can you guys give me suggested reading? or a sample 10 x 10 sketch?
arrays? specific links and tips would be great.

Thanks all.

MarkT

Rather than looking for specifically a 10x10 example, you'll be more likely to find useful examples that are a different size -
8x8 and 8x16 are more likely to exist I would guess - the same principles apply.  A couple of '595 shift registers might be a useful
approach to reducing the pin count needed (an Arduino Mega would have plenty of pins of course).
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy