Go Down

Topic: Arduino powered on a 9v Battery. (Read 613 times) previous topic - next topic

Oct 28, 2012, 05:20 am Last Edit: Oct 28, 2012, 05:26 am by crazeuk Reason: 1
Hey guys.
I am new to this.
I have just made a laser trigger for my DSLR.

The circuit uses a External laser with an LDR or a amplified mic to trigger the flash by completing a circuit with an exteral flash.

I have 1 LED which stays on, whilst the device is ready to take a flash.  When triggered this goes out, and the optocoupler is activated.

I would like to run my Arudino Uno Rev3 on a standard 9v battery through the DC power jack on the board.
Is this possible safely without frying the board?

What would i be looking at for battery life?

Yes certainly it will work and for several hours. A 'standard' 9V battery is good for about 100 mAH or 50 Ma for 2 hours or... there are better methods I'd recommend a regulated switcher type 7.5V 1A Supply (Measured no load), that's what I use. A 9V switcher type would work as well but the linear regulator on the Arduino will  run a little hotter... 125C is it's upper limit. I am reasonably sure that the data sheet I attached is the same as the Arduino or at least the same 'family' of regulators...
Good Luck in the Contest...

--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131