Go Down

Topic: Daisy-chaining 7 IC's (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Nov 09, 2012, 07:25 am Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012, 07:31 am by CrossRoads Reason: 1
976.5625Hz is less than 1000 Hz. Not sure how GHz came out of that.

Use 2 transistors to make non-inverting buffer.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Nofew

...There I misread "hz" as "mhz". See above.

I don't have ten 2N2222's. Would it be 'kay if I mixed them with transistors of a different type that run at 150 hz? Or is that pushing things?

CrossRoads

As your signals are relatively slow, I think mixing transistors would probably be fine.

Instead of daisy chaining control signals, you might also try feeding each one direct from the source.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Nofew

I'll try getting transistors happy then, but it'd help if I knew what wires to stick where. I'm Googling stuff but it's bringing up not-so-useful results.

I can't control each IC directly. I'd need a total of 28 PWM pins to do that. (4 PWM pins per IC, 7 IC's).

CrossRoads

No, instead of daisy chaining, make like a star-distribution from the control pin to the 7 end points.

Can't help you with the buffer, you need to look up the data sheets for your transistor and determine the base/emitter/collector.  No mind readers here!

Go Up