Go Down

Topic: Daisy-chaining 7 IC's (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

Nofew

Blah. That bus idea ain't working. Is there a device that exists who's only purpose in life is to accept a signal and repeat it again to get rid of line noise? Given what I have on hand and my abilities, I really don't see a way to avoid using one.

Boffin1

OK Crossroads,  you have got me convinced to try wire-wrapping for prototypes ( after wasting 2 hours today finding an intermittent fault between tracks of a vero ( perf ) board ).

My reluctance has been due to my having worked on TVs in the 60s with first tagstrip wiring, then wire-wrapping, and eventually printed circuit boards !

I still recall a billboard advert in England proudly stating that Murphy ( I think ) was the only hand wired TV made !!!
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

CrossRoads

Go for it Boffin - I bet it would take care of Nofew's problems too.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Boffin1

I am going to look into it tomorrow, after seeing some of your boards !
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Nofew

What is wire wrapping, exactly? I'm entirely self-taught here and pretty much everything up to now has been done by guess-and-check. School didn't even touch on this stuff so I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot of really basic questions.

Go Up