Go Down

Topic: Uploading with IDE via standard serail (Read 301 times) previous topic - next topic

zarobhr

I am using an Uno and would like to know if there is a way to upload to the Uno via standard serial ports and not USB. the reason is I have several of theses scattered about and everytime i need to update them i have to go to the UNo bring to computer and upload, I already hace serial communication to all my Unos and it would make updateing them all alot easier, cahnge serail port hit upload change serial port hit upload and i could probably do as a batch file changeing the serial ports right now i have com10-com35 with unos on them

fungus

I am using an Uno and would like to know if there is a way to upload to the Uno via standard serial ports and not USB. the reason is I have several of theses scattered about and everytime i need to update them i have to go to the UNo bring to computer and upload, I already hace serial communication to all my Unos and it would make updateing them all alot easier, cahnge serail port hit upload change serial port hit upload and i could probably do as a batch file changeing the serial ports right now i have com10-com35 with unos on them

Yes you can do it.

You have hit to reset on the Uno then send the program within about a second or so before the bootloader starts running your sketch. It takes practice...  :)

There might be a way for you to automate the reset pulse, it depends on your setup.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy