Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Uploading with IDE via standard serail  (Read 227 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am using an Uno and would like to know if there is a way to upload to the Uno via standard serial ports and not USB. the reason is I have several of theses scattered about and everytime i need to update them i have to go to the UNo bring to computer and upload, I already hace serial communication to all my Unos and it would make updateing them all alot easier, cahnge serail port hit upload change serial port hit upload and i could probably do as a batch file changeing the serial ports right now i have com10-com35 with unos on them

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am using an Uno and would like to know if there is a way to upload to the Uno via standard serial ports and not USB. the reason is I have several of theses scattered about and everytime i need to update them i have to go to the UNo bring to computer and upload, I already hace serial communication to all my Unos and it would make updateing them all alot easier, cahnge serail port hit upload change serial port hit upload and i could probably do as a batch file changeing the serial ports right now i have com10-com35 with unos on them

Yes you can do it.

You have hit to reset on the Uno then send the program within about a second or so before the bootloader starts running your sketch. It takes practice...  smiley

There might be a way for you to automate the reset pulse, it depends on your setup.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: