Go Down

Topic: Stepper Motor Library With Step/Direction/Enable (Read 5840 times) previous topic - next topic

renniejohnson

Is there a library that is designed to work with a third party high current controller like a Geckodrive that has step/direction/enable TTL inputs?

The Arduino stepper libraries that I've seen seem to be designed to directly control a smaller motor.

Thanks.

johnwasser

Nov 01, 2012, 03:18 pm Last Edit: Nov 01, 2012, 03:22 pm by johnwasser Reason: 1
The AccelStepper library (http://www.open.com.au/mikem/arduino/AccelStepper/) supports the Step/Direction/Enable interface You pass the Step and Direction pins when you create the instance and then call stepper.setEnablePin(uint8_t) to set the Enable pin.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

renniejohnson

I just read up on the AccelStepper library.  It mentions that you can run multiple motors simultaneously, although I don't see much about that in the docs. 

If I wanted to control two motors, would I just create two AccelStepper objects and main them separately in the sketch main loop?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy