Go Down

Topic: guidance on modifying libraries (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic

julianop

I'm adding support for hidden buttons to Henning Karlsen's "UTFT_Buttons" library by editing the source file in the that library's directory, but I get an error which stops recompilation of my sketch:

"collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status"

There are a boat-load of warnings before this - predominantly multiple definition warnings - but nothing I see as a fatal error.

I am making the (probably naive) assumption that all I have to do to update the library is modify the source file and the IDE will magically take care of everything for me. Am I completely wrong in this assumption? Is there something else I should do?

Robin2

Sometimes I think the IDE does not use the updated version of external files. Try compiling for a different Arduino board which forces a complete re-compile. Then go back to your preferred board.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy