Go Down

Topic: Inserting serial monitor in the forum (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TimFr

How can you Insert the serial monitor in the forum?
I cant copy and paste, I can highlight the text in the monitor but cannot copy.

SurferTim

Oct 19, 2012, 06:52 pm Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012, 07:23 pm by SurferTim Reason: 1
I highlight the text, then <CTRL>c on your keyboard.

edit: I was interrupted by the phone.
To insert into the forum text field, put the carat where you want the text, and use <CTRL>v on your keyboard.

TimFr

Graynomad

@TimFr, been using computers for very long? :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

TimFr

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old. I have always used the mouse 'left button to highlight and right button to copy but this wont work on the monitor window. I can highlight ok but cant copy, cant really understand why <CTRL>c does and not with the mouse.

Osgeld

Oct 20, 2012, 09:32 am Last Edit: Oct 20, 2012, 09:34 am by Osgeld Reason: 1
its just the post mouse generation, I see it all the time, and there is nothing really wrong with it ... until you need a keyboard command

I am sure there are some 12 finger multitouch wizardry that I dont know about, and god help me operating a modern phone, but durn it I can operate windows without a mouse, almost as fast with one!

the reason why is the program (and most java programs) doesnt really handle the context menu, keyboard commands are universal to a point
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

floresta

Oct 27, 2012, 09:47 pm Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 09:49 pm by floresta Reason: 1
Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
 Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
 Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

TimFr

Actually have been programming since I was 9 years old.

That really doesn't tell us much.
 Does this mean that you remember CP/M? ... Maybe PC-DOS?
 Does this mean that you remember that the eight function keys belong at the left end of the keyboard, opposite the numberpad?

Don

Yes I remember now but have been using Windows for too long now

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview