Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Switching to lead-free soldering  (Read 1397 times)
Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've been using lead/tin based solder for most of my life and when a youth use to play with pure mercury which was a lot of fun. I will die of some cause but I suspect that solder and past contact with mercury will not be the reason.

Neither will kill you dead except in massive doses. They just kill lots of brain cells, leading to things like the fall of the Roman Empire and the expression "mad as a hatter".

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've been using lead/tin based solder for most of my life and when a youth use to play with pure mercury which was a lot of fun. I will die of some cause but I suspect that solder and past contact with mercury will not be the reason.

Neither will kill you dead except in massive doses. They just kill lots of brain cells, leading to things like the fall of the Roman Empire and the expression "mad as a hatter".

but, but, but, look at my karma count, how could my past damaged brain cells account for that?  smiley-grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: