Go Down

Topic: DAC support (Read 17274 times) previous topic - next topic

cmaglie

@vdorr,

thank you!
If you can open a pull request it would be perfect, otherwise I'll apply the fix by myself.
C.

vdorr

@cmaglie

I believe i've just opened pull request for this issue.

V.

cmaglie

I believe i've just opened pull request for this issue.

Yes, this is the preferred way to submit patches, thanks.
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/1202
C.

joker

Thanks for saving my nerves!  :smiley-mr-green:

rgbp

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change the DAC resolution using the dacc_write_conversion_data(DACC_INTERFACE, value);?
It's always using 12 bits, even if I change using that command: analogWriteResolution(8);.
Is it seem the analogWriteResolution(8); only works when we write a value using analogWrite(DAC0, value);

Thanks

Jorgeard

Hi. I'm trying to use the DAC from my due to make a square wave. After analogWrite(DAC0,value), the output voltage won't reach 0V again. I know that the voltage output will always be between 0.55 and 2.75V, but i really need 0V... There is a way to turn off the DAC0? I've tried digitalWrite(DAC0,LOW) with and without pinmode() function.

Best regards,
Jorge

How to get rid of the 0.55 Vdc from the DAC output---

You will have to waste an amplifier on this to do it right, otherwise a series capacitor will do the trick.  I'll show you in text so everyone can see it:

----|(----      use a nice big capacitor; 47uf will pass just about all frequencies, 0.047pf will block all frequencies.

Better to use an amplifier, Freescale has one that works in front of a comparator; here's the link:
http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN3552.pdf

Best regards

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy