Go Down

Topic: CAN BUS Controller + Fault Tolerant CAN Transceiver (Read 54 times) previous topic - next topic

pleslie

Can the CAN BUS controller built into the Arduino DUE also control a fault tolerant (Low Speed - 11898-3) CAN Transceiver or do I need a different CAN controller for Fault Tolerant CAN Transceiver?

Collin80

Hmm. that's a good question. I don't see why it couldn't work. As far as I know the details in question are handled by the special low speed, fault tolerant transceiver and the actual CANRX and CANTX signals will be the same. But, I don't have the standard right in front of me. One thing I do know is that you can crank the speed of the canbus on the DUE down to the relevant speeds that 11898-3 covers so that sounds promising. But, I don't know for sure. You'd have to try it and report back. Or, send a link to the transceiver you want to use and I'll look at the specs.

pleslie

First of all I want to thank you for the due_can library you have created. It has been tremendously helpful. I was thinking of using the TJA1055T. One more question I have is if this transceiver will work with the DUE will your library also work or will the library need to be tweaked?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy