Go Down

Topic: SerialEvent - how is this handled with multiple serial ports (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic

hbierau

I would like to use multiple (three) serial ports on an Arduino Due. Instead of polling the ports continuously, I would like to use a Serial.Event function for each of the ports. These handler functions will read out the incoming string from the port and parse the string (i.e. check for a pre-defined command and call a corresponding sub-routine).

I was wondering what is going to happen when serial data arrives at the same time at two different ports? For example, if the program is in the process of handling/parsing the first serial message, will it interrupt/abandon this process as soon as another SerialEvent on another port is triggered? Or will it complete the first SerialEvent routine before going to the second one?

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview