Go Down

Topic: Native port driver BSoD (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

dol86

Oct 30, 2012, 12:34 pm Last Edit: Oct 30, 2012, 04:00 pm by dol86 Reason: 1
I'm trying to install the Arduino Due driver ("Arduino Due.inf" selected manually) but during the native port driver installation i get a blue screen ("bad_poll_caller"). The driver installation works only in windows safe mode but after the computer restart, and when i plug the arduino due, i get the blue screen. No sketch was uploaded on the board.
The programmable port works fine. I get the same blue screen on both my win7 computers.

Massimo Banzi

can you provide us with as many details as possible? is is win7 64 or 32? what language ? english or something else.
any service pack o patch we should know of'

m

dol86

Desktop
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/28/09 14:27:00 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Notebook
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5750G
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version V1.11
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

More info:
- i'm also using a duemilanove on both computers;
- nothing it's connected to the Due;
- i installed Visual Studio Express 12 for Desktop (with .NET framework 4.5), i don't think this is a useful information, but it's the "weirdest" thing i did in the last few days;
- i tested the Due on ubuntu 12.04 64bit (a partition of the notebook) and both usb ports work, but i had to upload a test sketch from windows because on ubuntu i can't compile any sketch, error message:
Code: [Select]
"Cannot run program ../hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": error=2, File o directory non esistente
the file exist, i run the arduino ide as root, i did a chmod (777) for all arduino files.
- i'm not a lucky guy :D

IT: se preferisci, dato che l'inglese non รจ il mio forte, ti posso riscrivere tutto quello che ho fatto passo per passo in italiano :).

cmaglie

Hi dol86,

please, may you do the following check:

1) power the Due in any way (connect it from programming port for example, in order you didn't get any BsOD)
2) Press the erase button for 2 seconds (the little one just under the "COMMUNICATION" label)
3) Press the reset button
4) Try to plug the Due from the native port.

and let me know if you still get BsOD.

C
C.

dol86

Same results. When i plug the native port, windows finds the "Bossa Programming Port", then i tried to upload a simple sketch (open the serial port in setup(), print "Ciao" and a delay(1000) inside loop()) and the upload seems ok. At the end of the upload, in the Device Manager list, the Bossa Port was replaced by an "Arduino Due" device. I manually select the "Arduino Due" driver (from the drivers folder of arduino-1.5) and at the end of the driver installation i get the blue screen.
Am i doing something wrong during the installation process? Yesterday I did the same stuff on an other pc (windows vista 32bit italian) and it's works fine (both ports).

Go Up