Go Down

Topic: Arduino Video tracking  (Read 645 times) previous topic - next topic

gfun

Just wondering if it's possible using ONLY arduino board and shield, to make video tracking device? I know it's possible using your PC +arduino to make such things.
I found this site, maybe this is a solution ?
http://nootropicdesign.com/ve/

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Ballscrewbob

Arduinos and video dont always go well together and a PI might be better.

Unless you mean something LIKE THIS

In which case yes.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

AWOL

Feb 03, 2017, 09:46 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2017, 02:45 pm by AWOL
But they're using a PC to interpret the images from the webcam - all the Arduino is doing is driving the motors (and probably reading the motion sensors)

You can use the VideoExperimenter to track a bright (or dark) object in the image, but that's about it.
 I think the library includes example code.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

Ballscrewbob

@ Awol

I know but I out it in JIC he was on about another video " tracking "

I built a small version of that and they can do quite a bit through the interface.
Mine tracked my cats and pointed a laser ahead of them fun for a while.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

AWOL

CMUcam Pixy is good fun, and probably just as capable.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy