Go Down

Topic: Arduino Video tracking  (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

gfun

Just wondering if it's possible using ONLY arduino board and shield, to make video tracking device? I know it's possible using your PC +arduino to make such things.
I found this site, maybe this is a solution ?
http://nootropicdesign.com/ve/

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

ballscrewbob

Arduinos and video dont always go well together and a PI might be better.

Unless you mean something LIKE THIS

In which case yes.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

AWOL

Feb 03, 2017, 09:46 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2017, 02:45 pm by AWOL
But they're using a PC to interpret the images from the webcam - all the Arduino is doing is driving the motors (and probably reading the motion sensors)

You can use the VideoExperimenter to track a bright (or dark) object in the image, but that's about it.
 I think the library includes example code.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

ballscrewbob

@ Awol

I know but I out it in JIC he was on about another video " tracking "

I built a small version of that and they can do quite a bit through the interface.
Mine tracked my cats and pointed a laser ahead of them fun for a while.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

AWOL

CMUcam Pixy is good fun, and probably just as capable.

Go Up