Go Down

Topic: Coaxial Heli Control Board Replacement--Help Please!! (Read 998 times) previous topic - next topic

mauried

Also, even if the helicopter can carry extra weight, the extra weight cant change the CG (centre of gravity), otherwise the helicopter will drift .

psgarcha92

@retrolefty
I dont know if this would give you an idea, but it is bigger than those Micro Helicopters.Link below shows a heli identical to the one i use.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BIGGEST-RC-HELICOPTER-WITH-GYROSCOPE-Volitation-3-5-CH-Double-Horse-/200891823488?
pt=IN_Toys&hash=item2ec615f580&_uhb=1#ht_1022wt_1139

I have not worked on many projects that involve moving objects like RC Cars and specially not Helicopters. Though have built a Finger Print Attendance logger, a few screen displays, and am currently also working on Tetris on Arduino. A few LCD based stuff too, but nothing original. Wanna learn here...

@mauried,
i too was thinking of this. I assume that to find the CG or how and where the weight should be distributed, i would tie a thread on the Main shaft and see how the helicopter is positioned. That would give me a fair idea of where the CG lies i guess.

Regards

PeterH

i would tie a thread on the Main shaft and see how the helicopter is positioned. That would give me a fair idea of where the CG lies i guess.

The center of gravity would be directly under the rotor head when the vehicle is hovering. Usually, it would be designed so that the main shaft is vertical when the vehicle is hovering; in other words the CoG should be along the axis of the main shaft, or very close to it. The further you move it away from there, the more grief you'll have.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up