i am really happy that at least one person is really interested in this project, hi april
The schematics on video are.....
1. for the pontensiometers to the to axles for measuring the angles of tracker one for elevation 30-90 degrees and another for azimuth 120-240 degreeswww.kokoras.com/solartracker/Angle_Pontensiometer_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
pontensiometers dont give me very acurate measurment but that was what i had in hand...encoders will do better job i suppose
2. a switch so i can choose between sun tracking mode and manual mode www.kokoras.com/solartracker/Auto-Manual_switch_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
3. four buttons that move the tracker in all diractions when in manual mode, pressing together the UP and East will enter calibration modewww.kokoras.com/solartracker/Buttons_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
in calibration mode moves automatically to the limit switches of all directions one by one and measure the value of pontensiometer and stores it to rtc memory.
4. DS1307 iic RTC and memory, maybe i should use capacitors on the crystal here, cause its loosing time www.kokoras.com/solartracker/DS1307_schem_kokoras.jpg
5. just a led to idicate that one of limit switches is reachedwww.kokoras.com/solartracker/Limit_Indicator_switch_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
6. four limit switches of the four diractions of tracker, limit switches are mechanically adjustable so u can control the angle widths.www.kokoras.com/solartracker/Limit_switches_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
7. two motor control circuits h-bridge with relays, from here http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/DC-Motors
with the effect known as “fly wheel braking”. www.kokoras.com/solartracker/Motor%20Controll_SolarTracker_schem_kokoras.jpg
here are 3 different pics of electrincs as the project was procceedingwww.kokoras.com/solartracker/breadboard_solartracker_kokoras_1.jpgwww.kokoras.com/solartracker/breadboard_solartracker_kokoras_2.jpgwww.kokoras.com/solartracker/Breadboard_solartracker_kokoras_3.jpg
No i didnt use real panels cause i dont have one. the mechanical construction is done from an old fence that was removed. i bet it can hold one real panel for sure or maybe two. the piece of wood i put on has about the same weight of a real panel.the linear actuators are from hospital beds so the can support more than 100Kgr each. i suppose a mechanic must design a construction that is correct for the job it will do depenting of how many panels are gone placed on.
here is the arduino code, most of comments are in Greek language, sorry..www.kokoras.com/solartracker/Arduinnocontrolledsolartracker.htm
here is the VB codewww.kokoras.com/solartracker/Solartracker_VB_code.txt
as for download a video from youtube i use jdownloader, just copy the link from youtube and the rest is easy.