Go Down

Topic: My Arduino Uno is saying it uploaded, but script doesn't run. (Read 185 times) previous topic - next topic

bluebl249

I just started using micro-controllers, and decided to try out the "Sweep" program on my Arduino Uno.  I waited a while for it to finally upload, and it said "Upload successful", but nothing ran on the Arduino. I looked in the troubleshooting guide, and this problem was listed, but the solution didn't help. The only option was Arduino Uno in the Tools > Board menu, so I couldn't select ATMEGA328. I believe I hooked up the servo correctly, as the red cable is connected to the 5V pin, the brown is connected to the ground pin, and the orange is connected to pin 9. I didn't modify the code at all, so it should work, and I checked to make sure all the connections were secure. Would connecting to the wrong COM port possibly cause this problem, and if so how would I fix it? If not, does anyone know how to solve this? I apologize if this is going against any forum etiquette, this is the first time I've used this forum.

I would be very thankful for any help anyone has to offer, thanks!

bluebl249

I would also like to note that the operating system is Windows XP, and there is a little box in the bottom of the editor that says
Code: [Select]
Binary sketch size: 2,670 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

bluebl249

Never mind, I did solve the problem. I had the wrong COM port checked. In the instructions it says to unplug and see which one disappears, but didn't specify to move the mouse elsewhere while unplugging it. Really sorry if this inconvenienced anyone!

CrossRoads

Glad to see you worked it out.
I've also hindered myself by having the wrong board type selected under Tools:Board, can make for interesting programming error messages.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up