Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TFT display  (Read 955 times)
Wisconsin
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Bought this http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/28-tft-touch-shield-p-864.html?cPath=132_134 from Radio Shack with a Arduino 2560. Thought they'd have good links, examples, but no such thing. They first want you to edit the library, line 15, but opening it in notepad gives you about three lines of data 15 miles long!

The Arduino examples dont work either. I've now spent over $300 to get a simple project to play with. What a waste! Tired of E-bay, China, and now Radio Shack. Ya, I'm venting, but since no-one seemed to read my other post, I guess these just go out into cyber recycle bins anyways. Only other posts I saw dont help, just pointed the poor fool to a tutorial which doesn't help either. What a great way to fool the public into trying something for themselves.

I'm going to build another fully electric Chevy S10 or maybe convert a Miata... Use good old fashioned analog displays!

Unless of course someone can actually help...

"A fuel and his money are soon parted"

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

First of all, don't use notepad. Download TextPad (http://www.textpad.com/), or any other decent text editor, that can cope with files that don't have both carriage-return and line-feed characters at the end of each line. You should be able to sort out line 15 then.

If you need any more help, post links to the libraries you are using, and the sample code you are trying to use.

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Notepad is not a usable text editor, its been broken w.r.t. line-endings for literally decades!

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

what?
View Profile

for notepad select wordwrap

for tft http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=51

Wisconsin
View Profile

P18F4550,

You are my hero! It's working! Thanks so much!!!

Oops, I had my displays swapped. The one thats working is the one I got from SAINSMART. So, still my hero. But the one I bought from Radio Shack is still giving me headaches. But since one is working smiley

Neither of them have any numbers that correlate with anything I've read so far. The radio shack display won't even load the code.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:08:32 pm by f16bmathis » Logged

"A fuel and his money are soon parted"

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

The best freebie I've found so far is Notepad Plus.... Looks nice when the right coding language is chosen...

Bob

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: