Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Scrolling text on LED matrices using SPI and arduino Mega2560  (Read 7898 times)
Raleigh, NC.
Addicted to Arduino
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

you're right....but you use the serial monitor quite a bit......and arrays is dusty to me.....trying to get more skills on that

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes, serial monitor is nice for sending debug statements to see what is going on, comment them out as things work and they are no longer needed.

Once you understand arrays and pointers into arrays and copying data from the array and putting it somewhere else, things will start gelling.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Raleigh, NC.
Addicted to Arduino
View Profile

I have a single 8 x 8 scrolling very nice now......And just a heads up...

with the 8 pins on each side of the matrix I thought pins 1-8 were swapped and pins 9-16 were swapped right...

No.....because I just wired up this single 8 x 8 how I have it in my enclosure.....did the same thing...letters are backwards.....

so I swapped the Column pins ONLY.....Like C0 - C7       C1 - C6           C2 - C5         C3 - C4   

and now its scrolling like a champ.....(just the one matrix I have with my Duemilanove here:)

pic attached

I'm going to try and consolidate more code and get my enclosure working fully...after I swap some column wires too.....

* IMG_4034[1].JPG (938.4 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 20 times.)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes, need to "map out" the display being used.
I had to turn my 4 displays 90 degrees and re-wire them, (and then flipped the columns in the code anyway) to have the LED at Anode7, Cathode7 be the upper left, and Anode0, Cathode0 be the lower right.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Jump to: